A&D Medical / LifeSource Desktop Sphygmomanometer, Mercury Free
Click to enlarge image(s)
The UM-101A mercury-free sphygmomanometer opens up a completely new era of professional blood pressure measurement. In 1905, Dr. Nikolai S. Korotkov introduced his theory of blood pressure measurement using the Riva-Rocci mercury monitor. Since then, blood pressure measurement using the mercury column has been reigned as the gold standard of blood pressure measurement, and his method known as the "Korotkov method" or "auscultatory method" is used for daily blood pressure monitoring by healthcare professionals worldwide.
Recently, awareness of the issue of environmental conservation has been increasing and the use of mercury has become a worldwide concern. Mercury is a toxic metal that can poison whole communities and remain in the local environment for many years creating serious health risks. Therefore, the banning of mercury is essential in order to maintain a clean and safe environment.
As a leading manufacturer of blood pressure monitors, A&D/LifeSource is responding to the call from the international medical community to ban the use of this toxic metal and has developed a new, highly advanced digital blood pressure monitor. The UM-101 was designed to be used as an alternative to the mercury column, while at the same time preserving the local environment and creating an easy-to-use product for hospital personnel.
- Auscultatory blood pressure measurement without mercury
- Pressure level marker button for useful reminders
- Digital readout for pulse rate
- Adjustable display column for easier analysis of results
- Type: UM-101A
- Measurement Method: Stethoscopy with stethoscope
- Measurement range Numerical display: Pressure: 0 - 300 mmHg Pulse: 30 - 200 beats / minute
- Measurement range Pressure bar display: Pressure: 20 - 280 mmHg
- Measurement accuracy Numerical display: Pressure: ±3mmHg Pulse: ±5%
- Measurement accuracy Pressure bar display: Pressure: ±4mmHg
- Power supply: 2 x 1.5V alkaline batteries (LR6 or AA)
- Upper arm circumference: 23 - 33 cm using the medium cuff
- Classification: Type BF
- EMC: IEC 60601-1-2: 2001
- Operating condition: +10°C to +40°C / 30%RH to 85 %RH
- Storage condition: -20°C to +60°C / 10%RH to 95 %RH
- Dimensions: Approx. 96 [W] x 322 [H] x 66[D] mm
- Weight: Approx. 1000 g, excluding batteries